When trying to determine which major is right for you or which career path to take, MWCC’s Academic Advising can help! We offer workshops on Career and Program of Study exploration and help students navigate assessment tools such as Focus2 and Career Coach. Advisors work collaboratively with students to guide them through the college and career alignment process by way of educational planning. You should speak with a Career Advisor if you have any of these common questions or concerns.
- Career Coach is an online tool where you can connect your career dreams with reality by matching your professional goals with our degrees and certificates.
What information will Career Coach give me?
- Career Coach is a search tool that gives you the opportunity to explore hundreds of potential careers at your fingertips by showing you info on wages, employment, and jobs, plus the education needed to get you there. Looking for even more job market info? Check out the Career Coach blog.
Browser Recommendations for the best results with Career Coach:
- Internet Explorer (version 9.0 or higher) – More info
- Mozilla Firefox – More info
- Google Chrome – More info
Focus2 is a career assessment tool that will tell you more about your own preferences and abilities. This will give you a starting point for a conversation with your advisor. Taking a few minutes to learn more about yourself will help you decide which career — and which academic major — you want to pursue.
If you are asked for an access code, enter MWCC.
MassCIS – Career Assessments
MassCIS is a great place to explore career opportunities in depth. Determine what occupations best match your interests and skills, find out about employment opportunities in your area, and even learn if the career you are hoping for will support the lifestyle you desire. By using the website and working with MWCC’s Career Counselor you can fine-tune your career goals, learn more about yourself, and plan your education. Start using MassCIS now:
- Visit the MassCIS website
- Click on the “Massachusetts Resident” tab
- Choose “Adult”
- Choose your city/town and enter your zip code, then click “Sign In”
- Choose “Explore your Occupation Matches”
- Chose from four assessments:
- Reality Check
- Interest Profiler
- Occupation Sort
- Contact MWCC’s Career Counselor to discuss results!
Perkins Career & Technical Education Allocation
The Carl D. Perkins Career & Technical Education Allocation is a grant with a focus on providing resources and supports to students pursuing Career and Technical Education degrees. The goal is to increase awareness of non-traditional degree attainment and increase retention and graduation rates of our students enrolled in these programs.
What can Perkins do for me?
Mount Wachusett Community College uses Perkins funding to offer support systems for students enrolled in related programs. These supports include Academic Advising in several areas:
- Career & Technical Programs
- Disability Services
- English as a Second Language
- Special Populations
- Health Career
- Non-Traditional by Gender
In addition to Academic Advising, MWCC also offers transitional assistance from high school to college.
More Helpful Links