The Massachusetts Guarantee program is modeled on the MassTransfer program, but instead of transferring to the Commonwealth’s state universities or a UMass school, the program guarantees transfer to participating independent colleges and universities.
An independent college or university is also known as a private college or university, it is not part of the state higher education system.
The Massachusetts Guarantee is a partnership agreement between the state’s community colleges and private colleges and universities. Modeled upon the MassTransfer A2B program, Massachusetts community college graduates are able to expand their transfer options, while staying on track to complete their degree.
Features of the Mass Guarantee Program
- Guaranteed transfer of associate degree credits
- No application fee or admission essay
- Guaranteed admission – Given that the student has met all of the eligibility criteria for the selected Massachusetts Guarantee institution and the institution has available capacity within the intended major
- Junior status upon enrollment
- Scholarship and financial incentives – vary by institution
- An associate degree from a Mass. community college
- A minimum GPA of 2.5
To view the programs and participating schools, visit the Massachusetts Guarantee page.