Info Sessions for applicants interested in applying for Fall 2020 are now scheduled. Students must be entering their junior year in the Fall of 2020 to be considered for the program. For Fall 2020 only, students who participated in other dual enrollment programs as juniors, and who have completed a minimum of 27 credits may apply to be accepted into the program as Seniors in fall of 2020. Please see below for further eligibility criteria.
- You’re ready for the academic challenge and rigor of college courses
- You want to earn an Associate Degree while completing high school
- You’re prepared to integrate into the intellectual, social and academic environment of a college campus
Your High School Junior is Our College Freshman!
Mount Wachusett Community College is pleased to offer an Early College High School opportunity to motivated students who would like to get a jump start on college. The goal of Pathways is to provide 20 high school students, per year, the opportunity to earn their high school diploma and an Associate degree while completing their junior and senior year taking courses at MWCC. The primary goals of this initiative are:
- To address the needs of motivated students who would like to enroll in college courses prior to high school graduation.
- To boost enrollment and retention of diverse student populations.
- To graduate students with a high school diploma and an Associate degree.
- To allow students the opportunity to fulfill their educational dreams.
Students must fulfill all state and educational requirements to meet high school diploma and Associate degree requirements, which also includes passing the MCAS. All Pathways students are considered Mount Wachusett Community College students and have access to MWCC services including counseling, advising, career services, fitness center, and leadership activities offered by Student Life.
- The Pathways program covers the cost of course tuition and fees for enrolled students
- Students are responsible for their books and school supplies
- Current high school students are ineligible to receive federal financial aid
- Reside in Massachusetts
- Possess a minimum high school GPA of 3.0 (cumulative, based on a 4.0 scale)
- Be at least 16 years old and entering Grade 11 by the start of the fall semester
For Fall 2020 only, students who participated in other dual enrollment programs as juniors, and who have completed a minimum of 27 credits may apply to be accepted into the program as Seniors in fall of 2020.
- Be recommended by the sending school
- Complete the Pathways application process
- Take the Accuplacer exam.
- Applicants must place into college level English 101.
- The minimum math placement to be considered is MAT096, however the average accepted applicant places into college level math courses.
- Be willing to enroll in classes during all available MWCC semesters, including Fall, Intersession, Spring, Maymester, and Summer sessions, in order to complete diploma and associate degree requirements during the program
⇒All accepted Pathways Early College Experience students must participate in a mandatory three day event the end of August that includes Leadership Academy and Pathways Orientation. This helps students become more comfortable in their new college community, learn about expectations, policies and procedures established a solid foundation and form a bond with other students in their cohort.
NOTE: Students who have not passed MCAS will be scheduled to take the appropriate test at MWCC.