Services and Programs for MWCC Faculty Members:
- The Democracy Commitment: The Democracy Commitment (TDC) is a non-partisan national organization dedicated to advancing civic engagement and democracy in America’s Community Colleges.
- Service Learning: Forms and guidance available via MWCC Blackboard’s course, “The Faculty Resource for Civic Engagement and Service Learning.”
- Internships and Co-ops: Forms and guidance available via MWCC Blackboard’s course, “The Faculty Resource for Civic Engagement and Service Learning.”
Global Engagement Initiative
The American Democracy Project (ADP) of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU), in partnership with The New York Times, has developed a framework and corresponding curriculum to help AASCU member institutions educate globally competent citizens. The Global Engagement Initiative is based on the Seven Revolutions framework created by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS). The Initiative asks faculty and students via its Global Challenges: Promise & Peril in the 21st Century curriculum to analyze the key policy challenges that policymakers, business figures, and citizens will face out to the year 2025:
- Resource management and environmental stewardship
- Technological innovation and diffusion
- The development and dissemination of information and knowledge
- Economic integration
- The nature and mode of security and conflict
- The challenge of governance
Here at Mount Wachusett Community College, we have begun a multi-tiered integration of this program through a First Year Experience course. Faculty members interested in learning more about the Global Challenges curriculum are invited to contact Fagan Forhan, Assistant Dean of K-12 Partnerships and Civic Engagement.