MWCC is focused on helping students become leaders in a global society. This is accomplished both in the classroom and outside through co-curricular programming and activities. Student life at MWCC provides a vibrant and rich opportunity for students to expand on their knowledge and understanding of the world around them through diverse programming and leadership opportunities.
Events and Programming
Attend one of our many events or programs offered throughout the semester such as alcohol and substance abuse awareness, how to maintain a healthy lifestyle, hands-on team building activities, and much more. These opportunities are open to all students and may be found on InvolveMOUNT.
Clubs and Organizations
Joining a club or organization on campus will provide an opportunity for you to meet other students and also develop leadership skills. Whether it is attending a club meeting and learning parliamentary procedure, helping to organize an event, or participating in a community service project students will gain valuable skills to last a lifetime.
Become a Member of the Student Government Association
The MWCC SGA is an 18-member board of students that are elected by their peers and serve as a liaison between the students and the college administration. SGA members meet regularly to discuss and vote on student ideas, concerns, and requests. The SGA is the voice of the student body and provides many opportunities for leadership as they oversee all student clubs and organizations and maintain a line of communication between students and the institution.
The National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS) at Mount Wachusett Community College Online – Sigma Alpha Pi
The NSLS is the largest leadership honor society in the United States. Our NSLS chapter at Mount Wachusett Community College Online was started in 2014. Our local chapter is part of the national organization with 700+ chapters and over 1.4 million members.
Students are selected based on exemplary academic achievement. As of 2021 we have 1,187 members who have access to:
- More than $400,000 in scholarships.
- An exclusive NSLS job board.
- A personalized letter of recommendation.
The NSLS leadership program teaches the interpersonal skills that employers seek to give you an edge in the job market. Hear directly from current members as they share how their experience has changed their life.
If you become a member, some of the other benefits are:
- Learn from exceptional leaders like former President Barack Obama during exclusive Speaker Broadcasts.
- Meet new friends and make lifelong connections (on-campus and virtually).
- Overcome challenges with success coaches shortcutting your way to success.
- Access to private networking events.
Visit the NSLS website to learn more about and accept your nomination.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What do I have to do to become inducted?
- Our five-step program takes approximately 12 hours over the course of the semester at your pace.
Is this recognized on campus?
- We are a Registered Student Organization (RSO). As of 2021, we had 1,187 in our chapter and there are more than 1.4 million members nationwide.