The Rx Program is an educational opportunity TRIO program funded by the United States Department of Education. The Rx Program helps student participants persist in health science programs through graduation and assists those who wish to transfer to a four-year institution.
Are you enrolled in a MWCC health science program?
- Allied Health Concentration (IDSH)
- Dental Hygiene (DHY)
- Exercise Science and Sports Science (LAX)
- Medical Assisting (MAS)
- Nursing (NU and NUP)
- Pharmacy (PHAR)
- Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
- Veterinary Technology (VTE)
- Allied Health (AHC)
- Dental Assisting (DAC)
- Medical Assisting (MASC)
- Medical Office (MOC)
- Paramedic Technology (PAC)
- Personal Training (PTC)
- Practical Nurse (PN)
What services does the Rx Program provide?
- Academic advising and help with course selection
- Academic skills, i.e. test-taking and study skills
- Feedback from faculty
- Group tutoring for science courses
- Individual math tutoring
- TEAS prep and dosage calculation workshop
- Orientation to Healthcare Professional Options
- Financial Assistance for qualified students
- Transfer advising
Who can participate?
In accordance with TRIO eligibility requirements, the Rx Program provides support services to students:
- from families where neither parent has earned a four-year degree
- from limited-income backgrounds
- who have disabilities
Motivated students who meet at least one of the above criteria are strongly encouraged to apply.