On-Demand Toolkit Template Training
- Download materials from the Toolkit
- Download Email Marketing Best Practices checklist
- Download Marketing Template Best Practices checklist
- Download Template Image Size chart
- View the full-length training video or jump to:
- – Section 1: Finding the appropriate template
- – Section 2: Replacing headlines
- – Section 3: Replacing content
- – Section 4: Replacing imagery
- – Section 5: Proofing and printing
Social Media Policy
Mount Wachusett Community College values new media as a way to stay connected with our students, staff, and faculty; the community; and the general public. We currently use many social media platforms and services to connect students with campus resources, maintain a dialogue with our stakeholders, and stay “in the know” in this cutting-edge area.
Social media provides MWCC’s employees, students, alumni and others an opportunity to interact online to exchange thoughts, ideas, and experiences through discussions, postings, photos, and videos. These guidelines address the use of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn and other social networking sites and tools used by MWCC, its employees, and student and alumni groups affiliated with the college while performing their duties.