DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests) tests offer the opportunity to receive college credit for what you already know. There are over 30 introductory-level college subject tests. For more information about DSST, go to www.getcollegecredit.com
Prior to taking any DSST exam, test takers are encouraged to check with their credit-granting institution to verify that the exam will meet their curriculum needs.
An appointment is required to test. Call Testing Services at 978-630-9220 to schedule.
DSST exam total cost: $110
- $85 fee paid to DSST online with a credit card at the time of the test
- $25 MWCC fee (non-refundable) paid on site at the time of exam, by cash or check only. Current or former MWCC students may also pay via credit or debit.
On exam day:
- One form of government-issued photo ID is required, such as a driver’s license or passport.
Click for more ID requirements and other FAQs
After the exam:
- An unofficial score report will be available to print from your account
- An official score report will be sent to the school you designate during registration to receive credit
- A 30 day waiting period is required to retest per exam title.
DSST TRANSFER EQUIVALENCIES FOR MOUNT WACHUSETT COMMUNITY COLLEGE
|DSST Exam Title||Min. Score||MWCC Equivalent||MWCC Course Title||Credits|
|Principles of Statistics||400||MAT 143||Statistics||4|
|Art of the Western World||400||ART 109||Art History I||3|
|Introduction to Geography||400||GEO 129||World and Cultural Geography||3|
|Foundations of Education||400||EDU 101||Introduction to Education||3|
|Lifespan Developmental Psychology||400||PSY 110||Human Growth and Development||3|
|Substance Abuse||400||SOC 129||Drug Use and Abuse in American Society||3|
|Introduction to Law Enforcement||400||CJU 245||American Policing||3|
|Criminal Justice||400||CJU 131||Introduction to Criminal Justice||3|
|Fundamentals of Counseling||400||HST 140||Counseling Methods and Interviewing Techniques||3|
|Principles of Finance||400||FIN 250||Basic Finance||3|
|Human Resource Management||400||MGT 235||Human Resources Management||3|
|Fundamentals of Cybersecurity||400||CIS 219||Principles of Information Security||3|
|Technical Writing||400||ENG 106||Technical Writing||3|
|Introduction to World Religions||400||HUM 240||Comparative Religion||3|
|Principles of Physical Science I||400||PHY 101||Introduction to Physical Science||4|
|Introduction to Geology||400||EAS 125||Physical Geology of the Earth||4|
Information about alternative methods of earning credit at MWCC may be found in the College Catalog.