DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests) tests offer the opportunity to receive college credit for what you already know. There are over 30 introductory-level college subject tests. For more information about DSST, go to www.getcollegecredit.com
Prior to taking any DSST exam, test takers are encouraged to check with their credit-granting institution to verify that the exam will meet their curriculum needs.
An appointment is required to test. Email Testing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our wait list.
Note: The MWCC Testing Center requires that all students provide proof of vaccination in order to take a test. Submit your verification by email to email@example.com in advance, or bring your vaccination card to your appointment. Please also note the guidelines below.
MWCC has recently changed its policies concerning on-campus visitors and vaccination status. All persons, including students, faculty, and guests on campus must remain masked at all times on any MWCC campus. As with all our COVID-19 protocols, this is subject to change, based on prevailing public health data and best practices.
Visitor COVID-19 Attestation:
By attending the event you’ve registered for, you are attesting to the following:
- You are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- In the past 72 hours, you have not experienced:
- Subjective fever (felt feverish) or measured a temperature at or above 100.4°F
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or chest tightness
- Sore throat
- Extreme fatigue
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
- Persistent muscle aches
- You have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days or live with an individual who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 5 days.
- In the last 5 days, you have not knowingly been in close contact with someone who was at the time positive for COVID-19. Close contact means being within six feet of another person for more than 15 minutes during a 24-hour period.
- You have not traveled out of the United States within the last 14 days.
- You have not been personally contacted, directed and/or been advised by a government health department or a healthcare provider to currently self-isolate or self-quarantine. Please stay home if you are sick or have symptoms. Mount Wachusett Community College reserves the right to cancel or make other last minute programming changes due to emerging state and local guidance.
DSST exam total cost: $120
- $100 fee paid to DSST online with a credit card at the time of the test
- $20 MWCC fee (non-refundable) paid on site at the time of exam, by exact cash or check only.
On exam day:
- One form of government-issued photo ID is required, such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Bring your DSST test receipt
- Be prepared to pay the MWCC testing fee of $20
Click for more ID requirements and other FAQs
After the exam:
- An unofficial score report will be available to print from your account
- An official score report will be sent to the school you designate during registration to receive credit
- A 30 day waiting period is required to retest per exam title.
DSST TRANSFER EQUIVALENCIES FOR MOUNT WACHUSETT COMMUNITY COLLEGE
|DSST Exam Title||Min. Score||MWCC Equivalent||MWCC Course Title||Credits|
|Principles of Statistics||400||MAT 143||Statistics||4|
|Art of the Western World||400||ART 109||Art History I||3|
|Introduction to Geography||400||GEO 129||World and Cultural Geography||3|
|Foundations of Education||400||EDU 101||Introduction to Education||3|
|Lifespan Developmental Psychology||400||PSY 110||Human Growth and Development||3|
|Substance Abuse||400||SOC 129||Drug Use and Abuse in American Society||3|
|Introduction to Law Enforcement||400||CJU 245||American Policing||3|
|Criminal Justice||400||CJU 131||Introduction to Criminal Justice||3|
|Fundamentals of Counseling||400||HST 140||Counseling Methods and Interviewing Techniques||3|
|Principles of Finance||400||FIN 250||Basic Finance||3|
|Human Resource Management||400||MGT 235||Human Resources Management||3|
|Fundamentals of Cybersecurity||400||CIS 219||Principles of Information Security||3|
|Technical Writing||400||ENG 106||Technical Writing||3|
|Introduction to World Religions||400||HUM 240||Comparative Religion||3|
|Principles of Physical Science I||400||PHY 101||Introduction to Physical Science||4|
|Introduction to Geology||400||EAS 125||Physical Geology of the Earth||4|
Information about alternative methods of earning credit at MWCC may be found in the College Catalog.