The ATI TEAS test is required for admission to the Associate Degree in Nursing and Practical Nursing Certificate programs at Mount Wachusett Community College. All exams are administered by appointment at the Gardner Campus in Testing Services, Room 128C.
Nursing application deadlines are as follows:
September 1st…….PN Program
November 3rd……Advanced Standing Program
November 15th……..Bridge Program
February 1st (extended from January 15th)………RN Program
Note: The MWCC Testing Center requires that all students provide proof of vaccination in order to take a test. Submit your verification by email to email@example.com in advance, or bring your vaccination card to your appointment. Please also note the guidelines below.
MWCC has recently changed its policies concerning on-campus visitors and vaccination status. All persons, including students, faculty, and guests on campus must remain masked at all times on any MWCC campus. As with all our COVID-19 protocols, this is subject to change, based on prevailing public health data and best practices.
Visitor COVID-19 Attestation:
By attending the event you’ve registered for, you are attesting to the following:
- You are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- In the past 72 hours, you have not experienced:
- Subjective fever (felt feverish) or measured a temperature at or above 100.4°F
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or chest tightness
- Sore throat
- Extreme fatigue
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
- Persistent muscle aches
- You have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days or live with an individual who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 5 days.
- In the last 5 days, you have not knowingly been in close contact with someone who was at the time positive for COVID-19. Close contact means being within six feet of another person for more than 15 minutes during a 24-hour period.
- You have not traveled out of the United States within the last 14 days.
- You have not been personally contacted, directed and/or been advised by a government health department or a healthcare provider to currently self-isolate or self-quarantine. Please stay home if you are sick or have symptoms. Mount Wachusett Community College reserves the right to cancel or make other last minute programming changes due to emerging state and local guidance.
Register at www.atitesting.com.
- Testing Services is unable to register you for TEAS exams. Create an account on the ATI website, or log in with an existing account.
- Click on the 3 vertical dots in the upper right of the page, choose “Online Store”
- Find “Register for…” at the top of the left side menu, and click TEAS below.
- Select the Program Type “TEAS for Nursing Students” and search geographically (Gardner or Devens) for available dates at MWCC.
- Click to register for an available date and continue to the next steps.
A $101.00 registration fee is paid online. It is nonrefundable and nontransferable.
Applicants who are late or absent on their test date will need to register and pay the full fee again.
Testing Accommodations: Contact Disability Services and Testing Services before registering with ATI testing. Accommodations for TEAS are only given during morning sessions.
To request reasonable accommodations for testing, please contact Student Services at 978-630-9855 prior to registering for the test.
Retests: Three test attempts are allowed within a 365 day period from the first attempt (not per calendar year). Be sure to allow adequate study time to prepare for the retest. Retesting requires an additional ATI registration and the fee amount is the same per test.
Scores are valid for 3 years from the test date.
Testing Remotely vs. In-Person
TEAS tests are offered remotely and in person, please review the options carefully when registering. All remote exams began at 9am.
Students interested in testing remotely must meet the following requirements:
To read more specifics, as well as instructions on how to download the required browser extension, review this document:
If you register for an in-person date, please plan to arrive on campus at 8:30 am. All guests must enter through the front entrance (there’s a sign that says Haley Academic Center above the entrance, by parking lot A). You can review a map of the campus HERE. Please bring a photo ID with you, as well as your ATI user name and password.
Day of the Test
Be sure to have your ATI username and password when you test.
About the Test
The Test of Essential Academic skills (TEAS) is a four part, web-based, supervised assessment that includes subtests in Reading, Mathematics, Science, and English language usage. The TEAS Test was developed by Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) to predict the academic readiness of applicants prior to admission into a healthcare program. There are 170 questions in total on the test. It is computer based, with the use of a calculator available. A score report is received immediately after the test is finished.
The total testing time for all four test areas is 3 hours and 29 minutes. The amount of time allotted for each subtest is:
Scores are valid for 3 years from the test date.
- Use the Sixth Edition Study Manual and practice assessments. It is for sale on the ATI website and available for use in the MWCC Library.
- MWCC strongly recommends that applicants complete program pre-and-co-requisite courses especially English Composition I, Math and a four-credit lab science before taking the TEAS Test to enhance their knowledge base.
All the TEAS dates are full at MWCC, what do I do now?
Contact Testing Services to find out if sessions will be added. Although most test sites administer TEAS to their students only, you may search the ATI website for other locations that will allow you test at their site. You may have to wait until the next semester to be admitted to the program.
I took the test somewhere else, how does MWCC get my scores?
Contact ATI to have your scores sent to MWCC Testing Services. Scores will only be accepted from ATI, not the other test site, another school, or the student.
Do I need to retake the whole test again if I already passed some sections?
All sections will be given, but you may click through the sections you already passed. The passing score from your earlier attempt is still valid and will be applied.
Is the fee lower if I already passed some sections?
No, the fee is $101 for all attempts.
Can I use a calculator for the test?
ATI TEAS will allow for the use of a four function calculator, embedded within the exam online. Although a calculator will be permitted, all questions are written to be solvable without the use of a calculator.