CLEP (College-Level Examination Program) exams offer the opportunity to receive college credit for what you already know. Earn qualifying scores on any of the 33 introductory-level college subject examinations and accelerate your education. Prior to taking any CLEP exam, MWCC students are encouraged to review the credit list below and speak with an advisor to verify that the exam will meet their curriculum needs.
Registration must be completed on the CLEP website prior to scheduling an appointment to test. Once a registration voucher is purchased, email Testing Services at email@example.com to be added to our wait list. Exams taken with optional essays must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance. Please note that due to occupancy and safety restrictions currently in place, exams are being scheduled for 3-4 months out.
CLEP exam total cost: $109
- $89 fee paid to CLEP online with registration
- $20 MWCC fee (non-refundable) paid on site at the time of exam, by exact cash or check only.
On exam day:
- Bring your registration ticket (called a voucher), generated when registered on the CLEP website.
- One form of government-issued photo ID is required, such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Be prepared to pay the MWCC testing fee of $20.
Click for more Exam Day Info from CLEP.
After the exam:
- An unofficial score report will be printed after the exam.
- An official score report is sent from CLEP to the school chosen at registration to receive credit.
- College Composition and other exams with essays will need to be scored by CLEP, which may take 2-5 weeks. An unofficial score report will be emailed to you.
- A 3 month waiting period is required to retest per exam title.
CLEP TRANSFER EQUIVALENCIES FOR MOUNT WACHSETT COMMUNITY COLLEGE
|CLEP Exam Title||Min. Score||MWCC Equivalent||MWCC Course Title||Credits|
|Accounting, Financial||50||ACC101||Principles of Accounting I||3|
|Algebra, College||50||MAT162||Intro. to Funct. & Modeling||4|
|American Government||50||POL205||American National Government||3|
|American Literature||50||ENG 213 & 214||American Literature I & II||6|
|Analyzing and Interpreting Literature||50||ENG102||College Writing II||3|
|Biology||50||BIO 109||Biology I||4|
|Business Law, Introductory||50||BUS211||Business Law I||3|
|Chemistry||50||CHE107||General Chemistry I||4|
|College Composition||50||ENG101||College Writing I||3|
|French Language||50||FRE107||French I||3|
|Hist. of the U.S. I: Early Colonization to 1877||50||HIS201||History of the United States I||3|
|Hist. of the U.S. II: 1865 to the Present||50||HIS202||History of the United States II||3|
|Human Growth and Development||50||PSY110||Human Growth and Development||3|
|Information Systems||50||CIS 128||Introduction to Information Systems||3|
|Macroeconomics, Principles of||50||ECO101||Macroeconomics||3|
|Management, Principles of||50||MGT210||Principles of Management||3|
|Marketing, Principles of||50||MKT142||Marketing||3|
|Mathematics, College||50||MAT126||Topics in Mathematics||3|
|Microeconomics, Principles of||50||ECO102||Microeconomics||3|
|Psychology, Introductory||50||PSY105||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|Social Sciences and History||50||HIS106||History Of World Civilization II||3|
|Sociology, Introductory||50||SOC103||Introduction to Sociology||3|
|Spanish Language||50||SPA 109 & 110||Beginning Spanish I, II||6|
|63||SPA 209 & 210||Intermediate Spanish I, II||6|
|Western Civ. I: Ancient Near East to 1648||50||HIS105||History of World Civilization I||3|
|Western Civ. II: 1648 to the Present||50||HIS106||History of World Civilization II||3|
More information about alternative methods of earning credit at MWCC may be found in the College Catalog.