Students must complete/purchase the following:
- Criminal Offense Records Information (CORI) / Sexual Offense Records Information (CORI): All nursing students are required to complete a Criminal Offense Record Information form (CORI) in order to participate in the clinical experience. This form and the copy of a federal photographic identification are to be handed to the Nursing Office by August 1.
- Drug Testing/Finger Printing: Mandatory drug testing will be conducted once a year for all nursing students. Clinical sites may require the student to obtain additional background checks, (state/federal criminal or sexual offender), finger printing and/or drug testing before participating in the clinical experience. Costs for all testing/reviews will be the responsibility of the student.More information will be given at the Nursing Welcome Information Session.
- Liability Insurance: Students are required to have professional liability insuranc to participate in and at the clinical experience. The liability insurance is included in your class fees.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR): All nursing students must be CPR certified by the American Heart Association for Basic Life Support/Health Care Provider and the certification coverage is for the duration of the program. No other certification will be accepted. Red Cross certification and on-line CPR certification are NOT acceptable. CPR classes are scheduled here at the College. Students may register by calling 978-630-9525. Each class is limited to 9 students. A copy of your CPR card must be turned in to the Nursing Office by August 1.
- Health Forms: Health forms must be completed and submitted to the MWCC Health Office by August 1 to participate in college courses and clinical assignments. Call the Health Office at 978-630-9136 for any health related questions.
- Health Insurance: Students are required to have health insurance. Students that do not have health insurance may apply for coverage through the Massachusetts Community College Health Insurance. Call the MWCC Student Accounts Office at 978-630-9149 for information. A copy of your health insurance card must be turned in to the Nursing Office by August 1.
- Nurse Uniforms: Students are required to purchase uniforms for clinical assignments at affiliating agencies. Purchase uniforms at High Country Work Wear in Leominster. Order uniforms by July 1 to ensure delivery by the first clinical date. Students are required to have a watch (a watch that counts seconds) and white nursing shoes. These may be purchased at High Country Work Wear or another store.
- Professional Equipment: Students are required to purchase equipment to provide patient care and practice fundamental nursing skills. More information will be provided at the Nursing Welcome Information Session.
- Purchase Textbooks: Students are required to purchase textbooks to complete nursing course assignments. A list of textbooks is available in the MWCC Bookstore.